March 8th marks the International Women's Day. Traditionally, on this day women are celebrated all around the world, and we decided to take the opportunity this year to celebrate an entire month of empowering female creators, helping women get their voices heard and promoting awareness to gender inclusion and diversity in the VR industry and in general.
We are happy to launch the "Women in VR Month" with a script writing contest!
What is it About
We invite everyone (women and men alike!) to participate in a script writing contest for a VR short film (up to 4 minutes). The Script must be around an issue related to gender inclusion and diversity, women as a minority any industry, women in tech and science or anything else that raises awareness to gender equality and/or inequality.
Anything goes, as long as it tells a good story and helps raise awareness. Be creative, be bold! Just remember, you are writing a script for a VR movie. Consider everything from camera positioning, to sudden movements and what it will feel like and look like, in a VR headset!
The winning script will be co-produced by Humaneyes Technologies. That's right, we'll help you turn the script into a real VR movie! (and yes, there is another prize too!)
The winner’s movie will be published on the Vuze camera social channels (YouTube, Vimeo, Veer, Facebook) and distributed via the email newsletter, and posted to the Vuze and Humaneyes Technologies website. Creator credits will be published with the movie with a link to the creator’s website or social channel.
- The author of the winning script will win one brand new Vuze+ VR Camera (MSRP $1195)!
- Finalists will also get something cool!
How to Enter
- Script has to be written in a Word file and sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Women in VR script contest entry – [Your Name]”
- Entries must include: email address, first name, last name, mailing address, city, state (province), zip code, along with a brief professional background. Those who do not provide all the required fields will be disqualified.
- Scripts must be submitted until March 31st (midnight PST).
Terms & Cconditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not enhance your chances of winning.
- Entry in this contest constitutes your acceptance of these official rules and the decisions of Humaneyes Technologies (the Promoter), which are final and binding in all respects.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to enter.
- The contest launches March 8th 2018, on International Women Day. Contest ends on March 31st (midnight PST). All entries must be sent by then.
- Winner will be announced on April 2nd on the Vuze camera Facebook page.
- Employees and directors of Humaneyes Technologies, its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, financial advisors, accountants, judges, and legal advisors, and the immediate family or members of their same households of such employees and directors are not eligible.
- By entering, the winner grants permission for the use of his or her name, photograph, or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, if permitted.
- By submitting a script for the contest, you agree that your submission is entirely your own writing and does not infringe on any copyright restrictions.
Read the Full Terms & conditions here